- 1 What body cavity contains the major organs of digestion?
- 2 What body cavities is the digestive system found in?
- 3 What is the name of the internal structure that contains most of the digestive excretory and reproductive organs?
- 4 What does the ventral body cavity contain?
- 5 What are the 8 body cavities?
- 6 What are the two major body cavities?
- 7 What are the seven body cavities?
- 8 Where are kidneys located in the body cavity?
- 9 What are the 2 types of digestion?
- 10 What are the 7 steps of digestion?
- 11 What is the scientific name for mouth?
- 12 What are the main body cavities?
- 13 Which organ is not found in the ventral body cavity?
- 14 What is the smallest body cavity?
What body cavity contains the major organs of digestion?
The abdominal cavity contains the greater part of the digestive tract, the liver and pancreas, the spleen, the kidneys, and the adrenal glands located above the kidneys.
What body cavities is the digestive system found in?
The posterior pleuroperitoneal, visceral or abdominal cavity, houses the liver, digestive tract, and gonads. This body cavity has muscular walls (mesoderm). The visceral cavity is lined on the inside with a transparent parietal (somatic) peritoneum.
What is the name of the internal structure that contains most of the digestive excretory and reproductive organs?
The abdominopelvic cavity is a body cavity that consists of the abdominal cavity and the pelvic cavity. It contains the stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, gallbladder, kidneys, and most of the small and large intestines. It also contains the urinary bladder and internal reproductive organs.
What does the ventral body cavity contain?
The ventral cavity is at the anterior (or front) of the trunk. Organs contained within this body cavity include the lungs, heart, stomach, intestines, and reproductive organs. The ventral cavity allows for considerable changes in the size and shape of the organs inside as they perform their functions.
What are the 8 body cavities?
Terms in this set (8)
- Body Cavaties. Essential function of body cavities:
- Serous Membranes. Line of body cavities and cover organs.
- Thoracic Cavity. Right and left pleural cavities (contain right and left lungs)
- Ventral body cavity (coelom)
- Abdominopelvic Cavity.
- Abdominopelvic cavity.
- Retroperitoneal space.
- Pelvic cavity.
What are the two major body cavities?
The two largest human body cavities are the ventral body cavity, and the dorsal body cavity. In the dorsal body cavity the brain and spinal cord are located. The membranes that surround the central nervous system organs (the brain and the spinal cord, in the cranial and spinal cavities are the three meninges.
What are the seven body cavities?
Terms in this set (7)
- dorsal cavity. body cavity that houses the skull, brain, and spinal cavity.
- ventral cavity. this body cavity is divided into three parts; the thorax, abdomen, and pelvis.
- thoracic cavity. body cavity that contains the heart and lungs.
- abdominal cavity.
- pelvic cavity.
- abdominopelvic cavity.
- body cavity.
Where are kidneys located in the body cavity?
The kidneys are bean-shaped organs located in the upper retroperitoneal region of the abdomen. That is, they are located behind the smooth peritoneal lining of the upper part of the abdominal cavity, between it and the posterior body wall. Therefore, they are actually outside the peritoneal cavity.
What are the 2 types of digestion?
Digestion is a form of catabolism or breaking down of substances that involves two separate processes: mechanical digestion and chemical digestion. Mechanical digestion involves physically breaking down food substances into smaller particles to more efficiently undergo chemical digestion.
What are the 7 steps of digestion?
The digestive processes are ingestion, propulsion, mechanical digestion, chemical digestion, absorption, and defecation. Some chemical digestion occurs in the mouth.
What is the scientific name for mouth?
The mouth is also known as the oral cavity or the buccal cavity.
What are the main body cavities?
Body Cavities The cavities, or spaces, of the body contain the internal organs, or viscera. The two main cavities are called the ventral and dorsal cavities. The ventral is the larger cavity and is subdivided into two parts (thoracic and abdominopelvic cavities) by the diaphragm, a dome-shaped respiratory muscle.
Which organ is not found in the ventral body cavity?
The only cavity that would not be considered the ventral body cavity is the spinal cavity.
What is the smallest body cavity?
The ventral body cavity is a human body cavity that is in the anterior (front) aspect of the human body. It is made up of the thoracic cavity, and the abdominopelvic cavity.