- 1 What are end products of fat digestion?
- 2 Which of the following is the end product of fat digestion quizlet?
- 3 What is the product of fat digestion?
- 4 What is the end product of fat in the body?
- 5 Where does the digestion of fat begin?
- 6 What is the end product of amino acid?
- 7 Where does fat digestion end quizlet?
- 8 What are the end products of protein digestion?
- 9 What are the end products of protein digestion quizlet?
- 10 What are the 2 types of digestion?
- 11 Where is bile stored in the body?
What are end products of fat digestion?
Fats are digested in the small intestine. The complete digestion of one molecule of fat (a triglyceride) results in three fatty acid molecules and one glycerol molecule.
Which of the following is the end product of fat digestion quizlet?
The end products of fat digestion are fatty acids and glycerol.
What is the product of fat digestion?
Lipase enzymes break down fat into fatty acids and glycerol. Digestion of fat in the small intestine is helped by bile, made in the liver. Bile breaks the fat into small droplets that are easier for the lipase enzymes to work on.
What is the end product of fat in the body?
Just like glucose, the end-products of fatty acid metabolism are carbon dioxide, water and ATP. However, complete combustion of fatty acids to these products also requires glucose, otherwise ketones are produced.
Where does the digestion of fat begin?
Fat digestion begins in the stomach. Some of the byproducts of fat digestion can be directly absorbed in the stomach. When the fat enters the small intestine, the gallbladder and pancreas secrete substances to further break down the fat.
What is the end product of amino acid?
The end product of protein is actually new proteins, but in order to complete this process, protein must first be broken down into amino acids. After you eat protein, your stomach starts the digestive process when an enzyme called pepsin is released, mixing with stomach acid to begin breaking down the protein.
Where does fat digestion end quizlet?
The end products of fat digestion include fatty acids, glycerol, and diglycerides. Monosaccharides are part of carbohydrate digestion. After a piece of grilled chicken is digested by the mouth and stomach, it eventually reaches the small intestine, where which of the following enzymes are secreted by the pancreas?
What are the end products of protein digestion?
The end product of protein digestion is amino acids. Once consumed, proteins are digested and broken down into amino acids by enzymes.
What are the end products of protein digestion quizlet?
Terms in this set (4)
- fats. digested to fatty acids/glycerol.
- carbohydrates. digested to monosaccharides (starches and disaccharides)
- proteins. digested to amino acids.
- other end products. vitamins, minerals, water.
What are the 2 types of digestion?
Digestion is a form of catabolism or breaking down of substances that involves two separate processes: mechanical digestion and chemical digestion. Mechanical digestion involves physically breaking down food substances into smaller particles to more efficiently undergo chemical digestion.
Where is bile stored in the body?
About 50% of the bile produced by the liver is first stored in the gallbladder. This is a pear-shaped organ located directly below the liver. Then, when food is eaten, the gallbladder contracts and releases stored bile into the duodenum to help break down the fats.