I work with local laboratories to run basic diagnostic and screening lab work that is covered by insurance. For those without insurance, I have an arrangement with Quest Diagnostics to provide lower cost lab tests which you can pay for ahead of time.
I also work with specialty laboratories to provide more in-depth analysis when we agree that further information is important for your care. Many of these companies do bill insurance; however, coverage for these tests varies dramatically. Due to the increased cost and spotty insurance coverage, I do not start care with the ordering of specialty labs and reserve them for when we feel stuck and need additional information. I believe that your finances are one of your health assets, and I do not want to cause you undue financial strain as I believe that is harmful to your health.
- US Bio Tek Laboratories – food sensitivity and allergy testing
- Diagnostech’s – hormone and stool testing
- Boston Heart Diagnostics – detailed cardiovascular and blood sugar testing
- Cyrex Labs – gluten cross-reactivity testing
- 23 and Me – genome sequencing – we then take your raw data and interpret this through additional software to create a specific plan for you based on your DNA.
I also provide interpretation of existing lab work. When you schedule your appointment, you can upload your lab reports directly to your patient portal. I do ask for 48 hours to review your labs, do any needed research, and be ready for our conversation. I also believe our time is a resource that shouldn’t be squandered.
After review, I always post your lab results in your patient portal for you to see. For a discussion of your results, please schedule a follow-up visit. I will not provide my interpretation and advice outside of an office visit.